Sunday, November 14, 2010

Update on the mural.

Finally have some decent progress to show you all.
These 2 panels were very difficult to photograph, partly because I was trying to do so at night, and also because I couldn't get far enough away to keep the top and bottom from bowing out (some correction in PSP ensued). I'll try to get a better picture sometime. They'll stay off the easel until I can get the reflections on the water done, plus evening out the land masses where they meet the water. Somehow not everything is on the same plane! But, the more I thought about it, the more it made sense to work on the bottom 2, middle 2, and top 2 (once the top 2's underpainting is done) side by side, and this means off the easel. But here's a fun twist. The garage floor (yes, this is in a nicely carpeted former garage) is sloped, so the center seam does not meet if left alone. To take the picture, and for working on it later, I found a metal shelf bracket and wedged it under the corner of the left hand panel. Hehehe.....
This second picture is a little weird. I don't like it but it'll suffice for now. The bottom 2 panels were photographed together in daylight, and the upper 2 panels by CFL at night. Also, due to the bowing effect of the camera lens I lost a great deal (3 inches or more) of the image between the upper and lower panels. There is essentially a strip taken out. You see that they don't line up and look funny! But, I want to include it anyway because to see the image begin to take shape it pretty exciting. Yikes!

In other art news, I'm making a new Christmas card design, and hopefully I'll post that soon too.

In other other news, playing violin with my church's choir is pretty neat! It's getting me to practice...

1 comment:

Christian said...

Your work is beautiful, I wish you all the best.